Denver Slide Show

New York City Slide Show 1

Monday, June 9, 2008

First blog

This is the first leg of my trip and the first entry in my blog. I've already realized things that I've forgotten to bring, but nothing so important that I can't live without. The one pair of shorts I brought will probably be worn through by the time I arrive back home since the other three didn't make the trip. I'm trusting that it will be slightly chilly and pants will suffice most of the time in Uganda.

Since arriving in Colorado though, I've been able to spend time with Brandon Casburn and Abby Herreman. We've been out to eat a couple times, went several parties and just had a lot of fun playing, "Remember when?" Speaking of eating out: Yesterday, we all went to church and then lunch. We were going to come right home as we were very tired, but someone suggested we go to a place called "The Snooze" for brunch. They said there would a little bit of a wait, but it was the best place in town. Well, after an hour and forty minute wait, we got to sit down. Then 50 minutes after we put our order in, they finally brought our food. Needless to say, we were a little bothered. The waitress came over and told us that she talked to the manager and the manager was going to take 30% off our bill. That was a nice gesture, but . . . .really? I mean, we wasted nearly 3 hours of our day there. 30%? That meant that my $10 eggs benedict was only $7.50 now. I feel like I was betrayed. . . only fitting considering my order. We didn't compain about the wait and our waitress just did that for us without us asking, but. . . .I've been to places where the manager comes out and apologizes for the slow service. .. . not the waitress. And the meal is free . . . .not 30% off. When she came out and started telling us that she's so sorry we had to wait a long time and she worked something out with her manager and whatnot. . . I figured it would be a least 50% off. I know I sound very ungrateful, but it just seemed like poor management. The food was pretty good though and cudos to Casburn for picking up the tab.

No comments: